Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Structure of the Day #10 (Future)

     I really didn't think that I would see the day when a building taller than the Burj Khalifa, which is 2,717 feet tall, would be made.  So it turns out that Dubai just likes to break world records!  The reason why is because they are one of the fastest growing cities in the world, and with all that money coming in from tourism, it can build as much as it wants.  Just don't get bankrupt Dubai!
    
Drum roll please.  I present to you, 2016's tallest building in the world, the Burj Mubarak al Kabir in Dubai, United Arab Emirates(I'm sorry, I just get real excited when I see the next tallest building in the world!)

Here is a graph comparing the Burj Mubarak al Kabir to other giant skyscrapers.


    The building is scheduled to be completed in 2016.  It will be 3,284 feet tall or 1,001 meters.  Surpassing the Burj Khalifa by about 500 feet.  The skyscraper is projected to cost $7.37 BILLION U.S. dollars!  Now that's a 3,284 feet hole in your pocket!  It will be able to house 700,000 people and create 450,000 new jobs for Dubai.  In 2016, I dare you to get a plane ticket to Dubai and see this...MONSTER for yourself.  Oh yeah, and send me picture while your at it.  (JUST KIDDING)  I would love to go to Dubai, but I don't have nearly enough money to go.  Most of you probably don't either!  Well, until then, see you next time!  Hmm...Mubarak, why did they name it that anyway?  Sorry, I almost forgot, "Enjoy the ARCHITECTURE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment