Monday, April 18, 2011

Book Favorites #1

Welcome to my new series on architecture books.  I'm not sure how long this series will last because I'm only planning on reading my biography book called Up Close: Frank Lloyd Wright by Jan AdkinsThe series will consist of my favorite sections of the book.  By me doing this it will also show you more about Frank Lloyd Wright and his amazing work!   I might start reading more in the future when I get more into architecture books, but right now I'm not that interested.  Enjoy.

"He cared about only one thing: architecture.  Clients
and laws and money weren't important.  The work was
everthing.  He used clients and their money to create his
architecture, whether they liked it or not.  Somehow he
swept his clients up into a kind of enchantment.  They
became hypnotized by his magical talk and fanciful
promises.  Under his spell, they wrote more
checks and put up with his insults and eccentricities." 

- Up Close: Frank Lloyd Wright by Jan Adkins

I never would have thought that Wright would be like that, but it is true.  I think it is because his early life was a constant roller coaster.  He was beaten by his mother, his dad left the house when he was a teenager, and worked on the farm constantly in the summer.  Wright's life was hard, and that is why I think that his personality was like this.  I will be showing more on Wright's childhood in another post.




No comments:

Post a Comment