Monday, September 19, 2011

Minecraft Creations | Lionel Temple

       *Braces himself for a long post*

        I bet most of you have seen Lord of the Rings, and this is what today's Minecraft creation is about.  Recently, we updated to Beta 1.8 and started a new world.  Two of my friends and I have started to build a city called Lionel.  It is in the middle of an ocean, and it does not yet have a wall.  (we are working on it)  The reason why I wanted to show this city off is that it has one of my favorite styles: Lord of the Rings.  I am not sure if it is a style of architecture or just a feel.  (like this building "feels" like Lord of the Rings)  Now, I am going to say that it's kind of ironic that I am building a Lord of the Rings like temple, but yet, I haven't seen Lord of the Rings!

        Also, I know this is a Lord of the Rings kind of style from a time lapse build that resembles the style of  L.O.T.R.  (They also said in the video description that they were building it out of inspiration from L.O.T.R.) The video is by FyreUK.  They do massive architectural creations on Minecraft, which they record and make a time lapse out of.  (the actual link of the video will be at the bottom of the post)  One more thing before I show the pictures: This temple resembles the temple that was built by FyreUK.  We got the inspiration from their time lapse, and we wanted to build something very similar in style and shape.  Both my friend and I saw the video, and we knew we were going to build it in comparison to FyreUK's temple.  (finally, here are the pictures)  Also, if you click on the image below it will make it bigger for you to see.  (And in HD!)












      The most common materials we used were log, wooden planks, and gold blocks.  Stone brick was used as the foundation.  And to get the red carpet, we used red wool.  Also, my favorite materials to use together are log, wooden planks, gold blocks, and stone brick.  They give you this Medieval, Lord of the Rings kind of feel.  No doubt, this creation is beautiful, and surprisingly this only took us about three hours.  (not including extra time spent on detail)

      Are plans for the city are great. In the future, we are planning to build a great wall made out of wood and some stone.  We will also be able to walk on the wall, since it will be about five blocks wide with the three block wide pathway.  The centerpiece of the city will be the temple with a housing and commercial district surrounding it.  We also plan to build a massive port by the entrance.  (which will include tons of 16th century ships, mostly being caravel like in shape and style)

       Eventually,  I will give a massive tour of the city when it is done.  (I will split it into parts by the way)  Well, that is the end of this massive post!  (Hopefully it didn't crash your computer!)  And yes, more REAL architecture is coming tomorrow.  But still count on me posting some of our Minecraft creations once and awhile.

*Logan and I built the Lionel Temple.*
*The design, although, isn't our own, and goes to FyreUK.*
*Here is the link to the time lapse video: FyreUK Edoras/Hill Fort


No comments:

Post a Comment