Thursday, November 28, 2013

Update :: 11/28/13 - YouTube?!

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving!   

     Okay, so I wanted to talk to you guys about the future I see with this blog.  I have recently upgraded my gaming PC with a much better graphics card, a new power supply, and I bought a new headset.  And now with a free, open-source program called Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), I can easily record games and integrate live or post commentary.  This has opened up a totally new type of content that I can produce: high-definition videos.  I think I will stay fairly active on this blog though, but I am leaning towards...that's right... YouTube.  Since I can easily make videos now, YouTube may turn into my new main outlet for posting content involving real-life and Minecraft architecture.  If I do start making videos, I will definitely post them here also (obviously the ones I post here will pertain to architecture).  But the biggest benefit I see with moving to YouTube as a primary content outlet is that I don't have to rely on pictures and text.  And obviously with YouTube, I can easily go up to a structure, walk around it, and literally talk about it in extreme detail.  You'll be able to hear my voice :D

     With all this being said, don't feel discouraged.  I have had so much fun on this blog over the course of almost three years now!  I am planning on making my first Minecraft YouTube video very soon, and I will discuss the Stoa of Doric in detail while walking around in it!  Once this video has been uploaded, I will post it here also.  Hopefully this YouTube thing works out okay!  We will see!  And yes I will post updates to this blog if plans change.  Below are a list of very important links pertaining to this post:

>> My YouTube Channel
>> The Great Stoa of Doric
>> Open Broadcaster Software

Edit: Making videos and commentating over them is very new to me.  This will be a totally different experience than blogging, haha.

12/2/13 - School is back and starting to become very busy again.  After finals are over (December 20th), I'll work on getting that Minecraft video out!

No comments:

Post a Comment