Monday, December 12, 2011

Minecraft Update? No...

   Finally, we got something done.  The entire weekend, we worked on the third city and got a total of four small structures complete!  So...technically, I have nothing to show you.  But I do have a little something to talk about.  As you know, semester finals are coming up for us students, and I won't be able to play Minecraft until Christmas break.  But, I wanted to post a video from FyreUK.  I love their creations that they build on their server, and every time lapse they do I can't help but be amazed.  I saw this video a couple weeks ago, and I thought I should show it to you guys.  It's called the Great Nordic Hall, and using their advanced, mystical powers, they created a type of build that I have never seen before in Minecraft.


    The thing I really noticed about the Nordic Hall itself was that they built the frame first, which is an important part to understanding how to build architecture on this scale in Minecraft.  It also didn't really occur to me how massive the whole area was.  After watching it a few times, I saw that the amount of terrain editing used was tremendous.  The build, again, was absolutely stunning.  This is what I want our adventure map to feel like: big, bold, and bright.  (Something that will stun and amaze the people who play it)  So until next time, enjoy the ARCHITECTURE!  And don't forget the great FyreUK members and their channel.  (Link is below)

References:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment