Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Update...and a Little Rant on Cathedrals...

    Yes, it's been over a week and I haven't posted anything.  I probably need to start posting every day again.  I usually don't post on Thursday's or Friday's but I need to also start posting on the weekends at least.  I hope you guys enjoyed the last post on Minecraft Creations.  I haven't gotten around to building anything else.  The only thing I did last weekend in Minecraft was mess around with cathedral designs. 


2011-05-30_034253.png West Side
Picture from minecraftforum.net

    By the way, cathedrals are the most difficult thing to build in Minecraft, especially good/real-life scale ones.  Of course, I tried to start building one step-by-step, making the frame, entrance, or towers first, but it still didn't work.  Architecture that includes spires, extremely intricate designs, and varying roof heights is tough to work with.  Although it is fun, after a couple of hours or more just trying to start the frame of a cathedral is tiring.  I'll be working on a way to build a cathedral step-by-step so that it is faster and easier, because let's face it, I really want to make my own version of a massive cathedral in Minecraft.  And I am always up to a good challenge, especially when it involves architectural designs.

Update! I completed my first cathedral in June 2014.  Check it out here!

2 comments: