Sunday, February 12, 2012

Minecraft Architecture | A Very MINI Update

I didn't do much this weekend on the city of Alimar in Minecraft.  Actually, the only thing I did build was a recreation of a mine from Skyrim in Alimar.  Today's episode will be quite short, and instead of pictures, there will be a lot more talking.  (or typing) 


    As I said in the very first post on the city of Alimar, I would be adding a mine in the hills.  And I didn't want to just create a regular mine that didn't have a unique entrance.  So you can kind of guess what I did: I used a design from Skyrim

   The second picture above is obviously from Skyrim and includes the original design of the Embershard Mine close to Riverwood.  The first picture is the recreation, and I did my best to recreate it, but with Minecraft you are limited to squares and right angles, so it's a bit hard to do.  Overall, I think it turned out well. 


    Here is the same picture of the recreation of Embershard Mine, except it's at night.


    When I first was testing out with different mine entrance designs, I had a lot of trouble just getting the right shape.  It's very hard to make an incline and angle like that in Minecraft, especially with fences.  I could not recreate it exactly, but it's pretty close to it.  (I just noticed I forgot to add the cobweb on the right, but I'll add that next time.)


    Here is a close-up view of the entrance.  I added grass on the sides to make it feel "full." 


    This is inside the mine.  It's very simple, (I know) but it is meant to be.  There is nothing fancy other than a wooden plank pathway and a couple of chests and crates.  The crates are actually meant to be barrels, but we all know what Minecraft is.  (all squares)  (Ha!  I guess that is the end of this week's Minecraft Creations.)

     Before I leave, I forgot to mention the new texture pack.  It is a mix of four different texture packs.  They include Ovo's Rustic Pack, Ornate 5, Jamziboy's Edit of Ovo's Rustic Pack, and Dokucraft Saga.  If you want to download it click here, and follow the instructions carefully if you don't know how to install a texture pack on Minecraft.


References:

No comments:

Post a Comment